- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped peeled apple
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, cinnamon and nutmeg. In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in apple.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Yield: 12 waffles.
Reviews for Apple Spice Waffles
"The flavors really came through on the finished waffle. I added some brown sugar but otherwise followed the recipe. A fun fall recipe!"
"Perfect for a fall Sunday morning!"
"test apple spice"
"No one in my family liked this it had no flavor the only thing that worked out was I made some apples and whip cream to put on top them and then every one ate them. Yak I would not make these and I did add sugar and extra cinnamon to the batter after the first batch still not good."
"This waffle recipe is absolutely amazing!I used a belgian waffle maker and it worked great. This recipe is definitely a keeper."
"Instead of the spices and apple, I substituted a packet of Apple Cinnamon instant oatmeal. Great and easy!"
"I enjoyed the recipe. Next time I would add a 2 tsp of sugar to the mix or but strusel topping over the waffles to add to the flavor of the cinnamon and nutmeg. I also had to cook the waffles about a minute longer than I normal do but I will make it again!"
"I used 1/2 of the recipe and 1 apple. It was very good. It would have been better with an apple syrup!"
"Absolutely Yummy!!! A huge success at my house. I used canning apples and it worked wonders. Will definitely make again."
"I made it with fresh peaches because I happened to have them on hand. My husband and I loved it. Can't wait to try it with apples."