This syrup has just the right sweetness to complement your favorite pancakes or waffles. The spicy apple flavor is great for an autumn breakfast or whenever you'd like something a but different.
Recommended: Homemade Syrup Recipes
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-3/4 cups apple juice or cider
- In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, cornstarch, allspice and nutmeg; mix well. Add juice or cider. Cook and stir over medium heat until syrup is bubbly and slightly thickened. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
Originally published as Apple Spice Syrup in Taste of Home October/November 1993, p35
Reviews for Apple Spice Syrup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 20, 2015
"I really love trying new syrup recipes! This one is really great. I like how you have the choice of apple juice, which I usually have on hand."
Reviewed Oct. 21, 2012
"Been making this for years. Excellent especially now when cider is in season."