Apple Spice Syrup Recipe
This syrup has just the right sweetness to complement your favorite pancakes or waffles. The spicy apple flavor is great for an autumn breakfast or whenever you'd like something a but different.
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-3/4 cups apple juice or cider
- 1. In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, cornstarch, allspice and nutmeg; mix well. Add juice or cider. Cook and stir over medium heat until syrup is bubbly and slightly thickened. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
1 serving (3 tablespoons) equals 53 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC