- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-3/4 cups apple juice or cider
- In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, cornstarch, allspice and nutmeg; mix well. Add juice or cider. Cook and stir over medium heat until syrup is bubbly and slightly thickened. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
Originally published as Apple Spice Syrup in Taste of Home October/November 1993, p35
Reviews for Apple Spice Syrup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 16, 2013
My family loves this, makes pancakes into an extra special breakfast. So quick & easy, too!
Reviewed Oct. 21, 2012
Been making this for years. Excellent especially now when cider is in season.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Quick Desserts >
- Quick Recipes >
- Syrup Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Breakfast >