Apple Spice Muffins Recipe
“I came up with this recipe when I was out of my usual muffin-making ingredients,” writes Beckie Lapointe from Abbotsford, British Columbia. “I improvised, and the results were terrific!”
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granola without raisins
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups grated peeled apples
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, apple juice and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
- 3. Freeze option: Freeze cooled muffins in resealable plastic freezer bags. To use, thaw at room temperature or, if desired, microwave each muffin on high for 20-30 seconds or until heated through. Yield: 1 dozen.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC