Apple Spice Muffins
“I came up with this recipe when I was out of my usual muffin-making ingredients,” writes Beckie Lapointe from Abbotsford, British Columbia. “I improvised, and the results were terrific!”
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granola without raisins
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2/3 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups grated peeled apples
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another
- bowl, whisk the eggs, apple juice and oil. Stir into dry ingredients
- just until moistened. Fold in apples.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at
- 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan
- to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.