- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granola without raisins
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups grated peeled apples
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, apple juice and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Apple Spice Muffins
Sort By :
These muffins are very tasty. I used homemade granola with fruit in it. Next time I would use the store bought granola instead. I also used more cinnamon and nutmeg because we love spice.
These muffins are delicious. I've never found an apple muffin recipe I liked better. My two kids (a 5- and 1-year old) agree. Get to the orchard, pick some apples and use your bounty to make this yummy recipe. If it makes more than you can eat, freeze them. I just pull out one and thaw in the microwave for 15-20 seconds and voila, a healthy afternoon snack.
I would also like to know the calorie and fiber as well as the fat count for this recipe.
You can drizzle these with a powdered sugar and milk glaze and even dust with cinnamon sugar. Or substitute orange juice for the milk for the glaze to change the flavor up a notch!
what is the calorie and fiber count on this recipe? Carol