Apple-Spice Angel Food Cake Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- Reduced-fat whipped topping and/or apple slices, optional
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix and water. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed for 1 minute. Fold in the applesauce, pecans and pie spice.
- Gently spoon into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Cut through batter with a knife to remove air pockets. Bake on the lowest oven rack at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until lightly browned and entire top appears dry. Immediately invert pan; cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Run a knife around side and center tube of pan. Remove cake to a serving plate. Garnish with whipped topping and/or apple slices if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Apple-Spice Angel Food Cake
Sort By :
Cake didn't rise like I expected. Directions on cake mix box had beating egg whites with water 5 minutes before sprinkling flour into beaten egg whites. The next time I think I will follow those directions before folding in the applesauce etc.
I made this to take to work since everyone was dieting, i felt it was a better option. It disappeared off the table. Very good !
This is a great way to dress up an angel food cake. My husband isn't that fond of angel good cake, but really liked this one.
This was excellent! I didn't bother with the topping or the apples on top
More Recipe Collections
- Angel Food Cake >
- Apple Cakes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >