Apple-Spice Angel Food Cake Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- Reduced-fat whipped topping and/or apple slices, optional
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix and water. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed for 1 minute. Fold in the applesauce, pecans and pie spice.
- Gently spoon into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Cut through batter with a knife to remove air pockets. Bake on the lowest oven rack at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until lightly browned and entire top appears dry. Immediately invert pan; cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Run a knife around side and center tube of pan. Remove cake to a serving plate. Garnish with whipped topping and/or apple slices if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Apple-Spice Angel Food Cake
Sort By :
"Our family and friends love this cake. So easy to make too."
"This is absolutely delicious!!! I used my homemade applesauce, awesome, awesome!!"
"Quick and easy to make, turned out really good. Will be making this again."
"Turned out pretty good. Didn't raise as high as I thought it should. Second time I made it, I used "store brand" cake mix and it did not rise at all."
"My husband and I ate this cake up all by ourselves.....it was absolutely delicious!"