Apple-Spice Angel Food Cake Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- Reduced-fat whipped topping and/or apple slices, optional
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix and water. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed for 1 minute. Fold in the applesauce, pecans and pie spice.
- Gently spoon into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Cut through batter with a knife to remove air pockets. Bake on the lowest oven rack at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until lightly browned and entire top appears dry. Immediately invert pan; cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Run a knife around side and center tube of pan. Remove cake to a serving plate. Garnish with whipped topping and/or apple slices if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Apple-Spice Angel Food Cake
Sort By :
"Yummy! Served with whipped cream, but when that was gone tried it with vanilla ice cream and hot caramel sauce. Wonderful, if not quite as healthy."
"Our family and friends love this cake. So easy to make too."
"This is absolutely delicious!!! I used my homemade applesauce, awesome, awesome!!"
"Quick and easy to make, turned out really good. Will be making this again."
"Turned out pretty good. Didn't raise as high as I thought it should. Second time I made it, I used "store brand" cake mix and it did not rise at all."