- 1 medium acorn squash
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Cut squash in half; discard seeds. Place squash cut side down in a microwave-safe baking dish. Add 1/2 in. of water. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10-13 minutes or until almost tender; drain.
- Combine the apple, raisins, cinnamon and nutmeg; spoon into squash cavities. Dot with butter. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 6-8 minutes or until squash and apples are tender. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Apple-Spice Acorn Squash
"PS, I made two acorn squash in 8" square glass pan, which is why the increase in the ingredients."
"I have 1,000 watt microwave so cooking time was longer. 15 minutes face down, then the full 8 minutes when turned over. I added 3/4 c brown sugar to the mix and increased cinnamon and nutmet to 1/2 t. Served hot with cool whip on top. I did not have raisins, so used date bits instead and was a suitable substitute."
"Made this tonight. I added just a little bit of brown sugar to the apple/raisin mixture. It was absolutely wonderful. Even my squash-phobic daughter truly enjoyed it! Thanks!"
"I made this recipe when friends were coming over and their kids gobbled it up! I did add some brown sugar to it. So easy to make and delicious!"
"Good, quick sidedish! The second time I made it, I added 2 teaspoons brown sugar."
"this was a great recipe. I cooked mine in the oven and it worked well. I also drizzled a little honey on the apples and squash before it was cooked the second time. it really was good. a perfect fall recipe."
"Would add a few calories but a little brown sugar would be good."