Apple-Spice Acorn Squash Recipe
- 1 medium acorn squash
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Cut squash in half; discard seeds. Place squash cut side down in a microwave-safe baking dish. Add 1/2 in. of water. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10-13 minutes or until almost tender; drain.
- Combine the apple, raisins, cinnamon and nutmeg; spoon into squash cavities. Dot with butter. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 6-8 minutes or until squash and apples are tender. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Apple-Spice Acorn Squash(3)
Sort By :
PS, I made two acorn squash in 8" square glass pan, which is why the increase in the ingredients.
I have 1,000 watt microwave so cooking time was longer. 15 minutes face down, then the full 8 minutes when turned over. I added 3/4 c brown sugar to the mix and increased cinnamon and nutmet to 1/2 t. Served hot with cool whip on top. I did not have raisins, so used date bits instead and was a suitable substitute.
Made this tonight. I added just a little bit of brown sugar to the apple/raisin mixture. It was absolutely wonderful. Even my squash-phobic daughter truly enjoyed it! Thanks!
More Recipe Collections
- Acorn Squash Recipes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >