Apple Snack Squares Recipe
Meet the Cook: As soon as I was old enough to stand on a chair, I started cooking. This recipe came from my sister-in-law. It's a favorite at our large family gatherings. Our five children are grown. My husband and I have six grandchildren. -Julia Quintrell, Sumerco, West Virginia
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2-1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups diced peeled tart apples
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine sugar, eggs and oil. Stir in flour and cinnamon (batter will be thick). Stir in apples and nuts. Spread into greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with chips.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool before cutting. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 253 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 161 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC