Meet the Cook: As soon as I was old enough to stand on a chair, I started cooking. This recipe came from my sister-in-law. It's a favorite at our large family gatherings. Our five children are grown. My husband and I have six grandchildren. -Julia Quintrell, Sumerco, West Virginia
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2-1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups diced peeled tart apples
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, eggs and oil. Stir in flour and cinnamon (batter will be thick). Stir in apples and nuts. Spread into greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with chips.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool before cutting. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Apple Snack Squares in Country Woman September/October 1997, p29
Reviews for Apple Snack Squares
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review