Apple Snack Cake Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 egg whites, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled tart apples
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1 cup sugar and baking powder. Add egg whites and vanilla; mix well. Fold in apples and nuts. Spread into a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over top.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
1 piece: 185 calories, 2g fat (0.550g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 128mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 1/2 fruit
Reviews for Apple Snack Cake
"Excellent and easy dessert."