Apple Snack Cake Recipe
"This good-for-you dessert is packed with ingredients that remind me of fall!" writes field editor Lisa Varner from Charleston, South Carolina. Chopped apples and walnuts add fun flavor to this moist snack cake that is sprinkled with cinnamon-sugar topping.
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 egg whites, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled tart apples
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1 cup sugar and baking powder. Add egg whites and vanilla; mix well. Fold in apples and nuts. Spread into a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over top.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Apple Snack Cake in Taste of Home December/January 2004, p48
Reviews for Apple Snack Cake(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Cake >
- Apple Cakes >
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >