Apple-Smothered Pork Chops
When I serve this entree to my guests, I always get lots of compliments - and requests for the recipe.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and sage. In a large skillet, brown
- chops on both sides in oil. Transfer to a greased shallow 3-qt.
- baking dish. Layer apples over the meat; drizzle with molasses.
- Add flour to pan drippings in skillet; stir until blended. Gradually
- stir in water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the vinegar and raisins.
- Pour over apples and chops.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until a thermometer reads
- 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a