- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and sage. In a large skillet, brown chops on both sides in oil. Transfer to a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Layer apples over the meat; drizzle with molasses.
- Add flour to pan drippings in skillet; stir until blended. Gradually stir in water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the vinegar and raisins. Pour over apples and chops.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Apple-Smothered Pork Chops
Sort By :
Very good and easy!!
My family of 7 (including some picky eaters) loved this! Very flavorful!
Made this for the first time tonight and I LOVED IT!!! All my kids ate it! It made really yummy gravy after it cooked that we put with some noodles and veggies! For sure will be doing this over again!