Apple Sausage Ring
This very flavorful sausage ring is easy to prepare. It has a nice texture and holds its shape well...a nice hearty meat dish that completes a brunch menu.
12-14 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 50 crackers)
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1/3 cups finely chopped onion
- 2 pounds bulk pork sausage
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk. Stir in the cracker crumbs,
- apples and onion. Crumble sausage over mixture and mix well.
- On a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray,
- shape pork mixture into a 9-in. ring. Bake, uncovered, at 350°
- for 1 hour or until a meat thermometer reads 160°; drain. Yield:
- 12-14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 231 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 393 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.