Apple Sausage Puffs Recipe
I love serving these tender little puffs when I entertain during the holiday season. No one is able to resist them, and I need just four basic ingredients to prepare the simple recipe.—Veronica Johnson, Jefferson City, Missouri
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium apple, finely chopped
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook sausage and apple over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in cream cheese.
- 2. Unroll one tube of crescent dough; separate into eight triangles. Place 1 tablespoon filling on the long side of each triangle. Roll up, starting with the long side; pinch seams to seal.
- 3. Place point side down 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining crescent dough and filling. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 sausage puff equals 165 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 311 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Apple Sausage Puffs
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC