Apple Sausage Pitas
"This is such a simple recipe, but it's my favorite breakfast for family or company," reports Michelle Komaroski of Pueblo, Colorado. Filled with sausage and apple slices, the meal-in-hand sandwiches are great to munch on the way to work or school.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen fully cooked breakfast sausage links, thawed and sliced
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 6 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and apples over medium heat until
- sausage heated through and apples are tender. Add syrup; heat
- though. In a microwave, warm pitas on high for 15-20 seconds. Fill
- with the sausage mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 585 calories, 23 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 1,025 mg sodium, 81 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 16 g protein.