- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup shredded peeled apple
- CIDER SYRUP:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In a large bowl, beat the egg, milk and oil. Stir in pancake mix and cinnamon just until moistened. Fold in apple and sausage.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles from on top. Cook until second side is golden brown.
- For syrup, combine the sugar, cornstarch and pumpkin pie spice in a saucepan. Gradually stir in cider and lemon juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in butter until melted. Serve warm with the pancakes. Yield: 8 pancakes.
Originally published as Apple Sausage Pancakes in Quick Cooking September/October 2001, p12
Reviews for Apple Sausage Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 8, 2012
"Sooo delicious!!! Sweet and savory I cant say how good this was you just have to try it!"