- 1 medium apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 20 raisins
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 hoagie buns, split
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, toss apple with cinnamon. Add sausage; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 20 balls; insert a raisin in each meatball.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook meatballs in batches until cooked through, turning occasionally.
- Place buns on baking sheets, cut side up; top with cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with meatballs. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Apple-Sausage Meatball Sandwiches in TasteofHome.com 2017
Reviews for Apple-Sausage Meatball Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review