Apple Sausage Breakfast Ring
I came across this hearty breakfast when we were on vacation in Tennessee, and I adapted the recipe to our tastes. Now it's one of our most favorite breakfastsespecially when we have overnight guests. My husband and I are busy with our own construction company. So I appreciate recipes like this that can be made up in advance and frozen. It's quick and easy to thaw this breakfast ring overnig
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 1 hour
- 2 pounds lean bulk pork sausage
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 1 cup shredded peeled apple
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup milk
- Line a 2-1/2-qt. ring mold with plastic wrap or waxed paper. Combine
- all ingredients; mix well and press firmly into mold. Chill several
- hours or overnight.
- Unmold, removing plastic/paper, onto a baking sheet with raised
- edges. Bake at 350° for 1 hour.
- Transfer onto a serving platter; fill center of ring with scrambled
- eggs. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 399 calories, 27 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 134 mg cholesterol, 879 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.