Apple Sausage Beans Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) uncooked maple breakfast sausage links
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) baked beans
- 1 large red apple, cubed
- 1. Cut sausage links into 1/2-in. pieces. In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain if necessary. Transfer to a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the apple juice, brown sugar, maple syrup, molasses, pie spice and nutmeg. Stir into same skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- 3. Add the beans, apple and apple juice mixture to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until apple is tender. Yield: 12 servings.
2/3 cup: 257 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 816mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 8g fiber), 11g protein .
Reviews for Apple Sausage Beans
"Disappointed! Easy enough to prepare, but was too soupy more consistence of soup than baked beans."
"I have made this recipe for a couple of family picnics and received some great comments. I like to use the maple flavored ground sausage myself."