I enjoy cooking, and this recipe is one of my favorite dishes. It's different, tastes great and is usually the talk of the party.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups crushed saltines (about 45 crackers)
- 1 cup finely chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 pounds bulk pork sausage
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, add milk, saltines, apple and onion. Add the sausage and mix well. Lightly press into a greased 6-cup ring mold or other mold. Invert onto a lightly greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; remove mold. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until a meat thermometer reads 170°; drain. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Apple Sausage Bake in Country February/March 1998, p51
Reviews for Apple Sausage Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review