Apple Sausage Appetizers
In Blasdell, New York, Dolores Barnas bakes sausage slices in a sweet glaze. This no-fuss appetizer makes plenty, so it's great for a football party or holiday gathering...just serve with toothpicks.
20 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 jars (23 ounces each) unsweetened chunky applesauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 pounds fully cooked Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage or Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- In a bowl, combine applesauce and brown sugar. Stir in sausage and
- onion. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 20
Nutritional Facts: One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with reduced-fat turkey Polish sausage) equals 117 calories, 4 g fat (0 saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 404 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 fruit.