Apple Sausage Appetizers Recipe
In Blasdell, New York, Dolores Barnas bakes sausage slices in a sweet glaze. This no-fuss appetizer makes plenty, so it's great for a football party or holiday gathering...just serve with toothpicks.
- 2 jars (23 ounces each) unsweetened chunky applesauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 pounds fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- In a bowl, combine applesauce and brown sugar. Stir in sausage and onion. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Apple Sausage Appetizers in Quick Cooking December 2000, p8
Reviews for Apple Sausage Appetizers(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 25, 2013
Made this for 6 friends. Brought cocktail toothpicks to make it special. The loved it - used tablespoon to dish up and ate with forks. They didn't want to miss anything. it was gone in 10 minutes. everyone raved about how delicious it was.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Apple Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Diabetic Appetizers >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easy Appetizer Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Easy Finger Foods >
- Easy Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- German Appetizers >
- German Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >