Apple Salad With Peanut Butter Dressing
Kiddos beg for second helpings of this fun and flavorful salad. Adults love it, too. It's great for cooking with kids because the ingredient list is simple and it comes together easily! —Terri Merritts, Nashville, Tennessee
10 ServingsPrep/Total TIme: 30 min.
- 4 medium apples, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 medium banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup dried mango, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Add the banana,
- carrot, mango, coconut and walnuts if desired. Combine dressing
- ingredients; pour over apple mixture and toss to coat. Chill until
- serving. Yield: 8 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup (calculated without walnuts) equals 129 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 44 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.