Apple Salad with Maple Vinaigrette
The delightful salad brings so many compliments. The balsamic vinegar dressing has a pleasant taste and nicely coats the apples, endive and other salad ingredients.Marie Rizzio, Interlochen, Michigan
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup walnut oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 medium red apples, thinly sliced
- 2 medium green apples, thinly sliced
- 2 cups endive
- 1 block (4 ounces) brick cheese, cubed
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, syrup, mustard and nutmeg;
- season with salt and pepper. In a salad bowl, combine the apples,
- endive, cheese, pecans and onion. Drizzle desired amount of
- vinaigrette over salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate leftover
- vinaigrette. Yield: 8 servings. (1 cup vinaigrette).
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup salad with 2 tablespoons vinaigrette equals 234 calories, 18 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 107 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.