Apple Salad with Maple-Mustard Vinaigrette
This seasonal salad will be a hit at any gathering. It’s also easy for weeknights; just halve the recipe. —Beth Dauenhauer, Pueblo, Colorado
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup thawed frozen apple juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 9 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 large tart apples, chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients. In a large bowl,
- combine salad greens, apples, onion and walnuts. Drizzle with
- vinaigrette; toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings (1 cup each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 87 calories, 5 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 103 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.