Apple Salad with Maple-Mustard Vinaigrette Recipe
- 1/4 cup thawed frozen apple juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 9 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 large tart apples, chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients. In a large bowl, combine salad greens, apples, onion and walnuts. Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings (1 cup each).
1 cup: 87 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 103mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Apple Salad with Maple-Mustard Vinaigrette
"Wonderful combination of sweet, savory, and crunchy. The vinaigrette was surprisingly simple and so delicious. I maple-glazed my walnuts, which added sweetness and texture to the salad. Will be making this again!"
"This is very good. We like to add craisins to this salad."
"I wasn't sure how I would feel about the maple flavor, but it was fantastic! A new favorite salad for sure!"
"This salad is awesome. It will be made often around here."
"Just the right amount of sweet and tangy. The whole family loves it! Made to the exact specs of recipe. Thank you."
"So good and loved the dressing. This is a keeper for me."
"Fabulous made exactly to the recipe"
"Super good Apple salad. Love the mixture and everything is perfect. So refreshing!!"
"Lovely mix of flavors. I have made this several times in the past two weeks and its fresh and clean taste goes well with many meals. I followed the recipe exactly and wouldn't change a thing."
"Very good vinaigrette with the surprise taste of maple. I used only 1 tablespoon spicey brown mustard to soften the flavor and to emphasize the maple flavor."
"Very good!! I used olive oil and dijon mustard instead. I also didn't use nuts because I didn't have any, but it was still really good. I took it to a cook out and had many people ask for the recipe:)"