- 1/4 cup thawed frozen apple juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 9 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 large tart apples, chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients. In a large bowl, combine salad greens, apples, onion and walnuts. Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings (1 cup each).
Reviews for Apple Salad with Maple-Mustard Vinaigrette
"I think this would be a good salad for any holiday gathering. I made it for Thanksgiving last year. It was a hit. All the ingredients taste great together. I liked the crunch from the apples and walnuts. The vinaigrette flavor is a nice change from bottled dressings. I only had yellow mustard and white onions so I used them instead of spicy brown mustard and red onions."
"This is delicious! I bought the pre-washed spring mix. I chopped the apple and shook in lemon juice and water so it was ready. I used apple cider instead of the apple juice concentrate. Tossed it all together 5 minutes before we sat down, super easy and as l said delicious. I will make this again and again. Janet VFE"
"Wonderful combination of sweet, savory, and crunchy. The vinaigrette was surprisingly simple and so delicious. I maple-glazed my walnuts, which added sweetness and texture to the salad. Will be making this again!"
"This is very good. We like to add craisins to this salad."
"I wasn't sure how I would feel about the maple flavor, but it was fantastic! A new favorite salad for sure!"
"This salad is awesome. It will be made often around here."
"Just the right amount of sweet and tangy. The whole family loves it! Made to the exact specs of recipe. Thank you."
"So good and loved the dressing. This is a keeper for me."
"Fabulous made exactly to the recipe"