Apple-Sage Roasted Turkey Recipe
- 1/2 cup apple cider or juice
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup minced fresh sage
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 turkey (14 to 16 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider or juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 large apples, cut into wedges
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- In a small saucepan, combine the apple cider, jelly and butter. Cook and stir until butter is melted. Remove from the heat and set aside. Reserve 2 tablespoons for finishing.
- In a small bowl, combine minced sage and butter. With fingers, carefully loosen skin from the turkey breast; rub butter mixture under the skin. Brush turkey with apple cider. Sprinkle salt and pepper over turkey and inside cavity.
- Place the apples, onion and sage leaves inside the cavity. Tuck wings under turkey; tie drumsticks together. Place breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180°, basting occasionally with cider mixture. Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly. Brush with reserved cider mixture. Cover and let stand for 20 minutes before slicing. Yield: 14 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Apple-Sage Roasted Turkey(3)
Sort By :
This recipe is a keeper. So moist and flavorful. This is how I will make my turkeys from now on.
I looved it! you can't go wrong with this recipe and we are not big fans of turkey
My family said this was the best turkey I ever made! Very moist.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Apple Turkey >
- Baked Turkey >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Roasted Turkey >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >