- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 4 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 1 loaf (1 pound) rye bread, cubed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 3 cups chopped tart apples
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cup water
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, celery and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the bread cubes with butter and seasoned salt. Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 300° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- In a large bowl, combine the sausage mixture, apples, walnuts, raisins, apple juice and water. Add toasted bread cubes; stir to combine.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until browned. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Apple Rye Dressing
Sort By :
"This is nice."
"The flavor was wonderful! I used P. Farm whole grain seeded rye. Also used J. Dean Sage sausage. I will reduce the butter next time to 1/4 cup. The dressing seemed a little too oily in my mouth. Instead of seasoned salt I used 1 tsp garlic salt, 3/4 tsp sea salt & pinches of marjoram, parsley, and minced fresh sage."