Apple Rice Salad Recipe
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 cups chopped apples
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the rice, apples, walnuts, celery, cranberries and juice. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add to rice mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
To Make Ahead: Cook rice ahead of time and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
3/4 cup: 376 calories, 26g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 281mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.