Apple Rhubarb Crumble
Here in Vermont, we enjoy a bounty of rhubarb, apples and maple syrup. These ingredients inspired me to create this dessert. —Liz Bachilas, Shelburne, Vermont
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- In a bowl, combine the rhubarb, apples, egg, sugar, syrup, nutmeg and
- cinnamon. Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. In another bowl,
- combine the flour, brown sugar and salt. Cut in butter until the
- mixture resembles coarse crumbs; sprinkle over fruit mixture. Bake
- at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 457 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 201 mg sodium, 76 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.