This crisp is so delicious served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Guests are sure to love the crumble topping and sweet-tart filling.
- 10 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (about 10 medium)
- 4 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons plus 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- Place the apples and raspberries in a large bowl. Add sugar and 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour; toss gently to coat. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, whole wheat flour and remaining all-purpose flour. Cut in butter until crumbly; sprinkle over top (dish will be full).
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Apple Raspberry Crisp in Country August/September 2009, p49
Reviews for Apple Raspberry Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review