Apple-Raisin Spinach Salad Recipe
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons chutney
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups packed torn fresh spinach
- 1-1/2 cups chopped apples
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped peanuts
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk together the first seven ingredients. Place spinach in a large salad bowl; top with apples, raisins, peanuts and onion. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 160 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 126 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 fruit, 1 vegetable.