Apple-Raisin Rice Dessert Recipe
Marjorie Grunewald of Weimar, Texas submitted this recipe that combines apples, cinnamon, raisins and leftover rice in a warm and comforting dessert.
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil; add sugar. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Stir in the apples, lemon juice and spices. Reduce heat; simmer for 3-5 minutes or until apples are tender. Stir in rice, raisins, butter and vanilla.
- 2. Pour into a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish each serving with whipped topping. Serve warm. Yield: 10 servings.
2/3 cup: 218 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 32mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 fruit, 0 fat.
Reviews for Apple-Raisin Rice Dessert
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC