"Cloves are a subtle but effective complement to the abundant apple pieces in this fruity, golden quick bread," assures Gail Buss of Westminster, Maryland.
- 1-1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups diced peeled tart apples
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- In a bowl, beat oil, eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, cloves and baking powder; beat into the egg mixture. Stir in apples, raisins and nuts. Pour into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 325° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.
Originally published as Apple Raisin Quick Bread in Taste of Home October/November 1999, p57
Reviews for Apple Raisin Quick Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review