Apple Raisin Quick Bread Recipe
"Cloves are a subtle but effective complement to the abundant apple pieces in this fruity, golden quick bread," assures Gail Buss of Westminster, Maryland.
- 1-1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups diced peeled tart apples
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1. In a bowl, beat oil, eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, cloves and baking powder; beat into the egg mixture. Stir in apples, raisins and nuts. Pour into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 325° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 216 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 185 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Apple Raisin Quick Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC