Apple Raisin Quick Bread Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups diced peeled tart apples
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1. In a bowl, beat oil, eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, cloves and baking powder; beat into the egg mixture. Stir in apples, raisins and nuts. Pour into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 325° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.
1 slice: 216 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 185mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Apple Raisin Quick Bread
"Hi Roseluongo,bread flour would not be appropriate in this recipe. With it's higher protein, you wouldn't have the same result as using all-purpose.Sue StetzelTaste of Home Magazine"
"Can you substitute bread flour for all purpose flour?"
"This is a very delicious bread. I have made this using craisins and I have also used chopped dates. The clove is wonderful. I have found that I can lower the amount of sugar quite a bit, it is sweet enough for me with 1&3/4 cup of sugar."
"This is delicious! Just be sure to let the bread cool completely before taking out of the pan, or it will fall apart"