Apple Raisin Puff Pancake
Instead of regular old pancakes for breakfast, try these delicious apple-flavored pancake puffs. They are so wonderful for a special breakfast meal.Coleen Carlson, Winsted, Minnesota
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups sliced peeled apples
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Maple syrup
- Place butter in a 9-in. pie plate. Add apples and raisins; toss to
- coat. Cover with foil and bake at 425° for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Add the water, flour, milk powder and sugar;
- beat just until smooth. Pour over hot apples. Bake, uncovered, for
- 15-20 minutes or until edges are brown and center is set. Cut into
- wedges. Serve immediately with syrup. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 335 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 131 mg cholesterol, 161 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.