Instead of regular old pancakes for breakfast, try these delicious apple-flavored pancake puffs. They are so wonderful for a special breakfast meal.—Coleen Carlson, Winsted, Minnesota
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups sliced peeled apples
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Maple syrup
- Place butter in a 9-in. pie plate. Add apples and raisins; toss to coat. Cover with foil and bake at 425° for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Add the water, flour, milk powder and sugar; beat just until smooth. Pour over hot apples. Bake, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until edges are brown and center is set. Cut into wedges. Serve immediately with syrup. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Apple Puff Pancake in Country Woman September/October 2000, p7
Reviews for Apple Raisin Puff Pancake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review