Apple Raisin Pie
Whenever I serve this pie, someone at the table usually asks for a second piece. It has old-fashioned goodness and a delicious, crunchy topping.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons beaten Eggland's Best Egg
- Cut pastry sheet in half. Repackage and refrigerate one half for
- another use. On a lightly floured surface, roll out remaining half
- into an 8-in. circle. Transfer to a 7-in. pie plate; flute edges.
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon;
- place in crust. In a small bowl, combine the flour, walnuts,
- raisins, butter, egg and remaining sugar; spoon over top. Bake at
- 350° for 50-55 minutes or until topping is golden brown and
- fruit is tender, covering edges with foil to prevent overbrowning if
- necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 625 calories, 31 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 293 mg sodium, 83 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.