Apple Raisin Pie Recipe
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1. Cut pastry sheet in half. Repackage and refrigerate one half for another use. On a lightly floured surface, roll out remaining half into an 8-in. circle. Transfer to a 7-in. pie plate; flute edges.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the apples, 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon; place in crust. In a small bowl, combine the flour, walnuts, raisins, butter, egg and remaining sugar; spoon over top. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender, covering edges with foil to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 4 servings.
1 piece: 625 calories, 31g fat (14g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 293mg sodium, 83g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Apple Raisin Pie
"This recipe is so simple to make and is delicious! Next time I make it, I'm going to add cranberries to it for a twist."