Apple-Raisin Meat Loaf
You won't believe just how good this recipe is until you try it. We grow our own grapes and process them into raisins.Linda Miller, Lodi, California
8-10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 cup crushed saltine crackers
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 pounds ground beef
- In a large bowl, combine first 10 ingredients. Add ground beef; mix
- well. Pat mixture into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350°
- for 1-1/4 hours or until no pink remains. Drain. Let stand at room
- temperature for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 223 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 509 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.