You won't believe just how good this recipe is until you try it. We grow our own grapes and process them into raisins.—Linda Miller, Lodi, California
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 cup crushed saltine crackers
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- In a large bowl, combine first 10 ingredients. Add ground beef; mix well. Pat mixture into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until no pink remains. Drain. Let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Apple-Raisin Meat Loaf in Country Ground Beef 1993, p31
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Apple-Raisin Meat Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review