Tender apples are rolled inside crisp egg roll wrappers for a deliciously different dessert. As fancy as these treats look, they're really quite simple to make.—Karen Orvis, Plainville, Connecticut
Recommended: Top 10 Brunch Recipes
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 16 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a large skillet, saute the apples, raisins and cinnamon in butter until tender. Combine the cornstarch, juice and honey until smooth; stir into apple mixture. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool.
- Place 1/4 cupful of apple mixture in the center of one egg roll wrapper. Fold bottom corner over filling. Fold sides toward center over filling. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal. Repeat with remaining apple mixture and wrappers. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry turnovers, a few at a time, for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Apple-Raisin Egg Rolls in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p183
Reviews for Apple-Raisin Egg Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review