Apple Raisin Crunch
Warm up your family any winter day with dishes of this oven-baked treat. If you prefer, replace the cheddar cheese slices with a topping of ice cream or whipped cream. —Mary Ann Marino, West Pittsburg, Pennsylvania
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2/3 cup Bisquick® mix
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Cheddar cheese slices
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add apples,
- raisins and lemon peel; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 8-in.
- square baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine baking mix and brown sugar. Sprinkle over
- apples; drizzle with butter. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or
- until golden brown. Serve with cheese slices. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (calculated without cheese) equals 336 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 244 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.