- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2/3 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Cheddar cheese slices
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add apples, raisins and lemon peel; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine baking mix and brown sugar. Sprinkle over apples; drizzle with butter. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with cheese slices. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Apple Raisin Crunch
"Sorry but to me this was just ok. The topping never fully got crunchy, it was either powdery, or burnt. And without the crunchy top, this just turned to mush. It was just a so-so recipe to me. We wound up throwing out the leftovers. If you can get the topping to work for you, then this would probably be a great recipe."
"This recipe I can use for my son with Celiac all has to be gluten free- and Bisquit has a Gluten Free baking mix"
"EXCELLANT !! I served it with Ice Creaminstead of cheese."
"This sounds amazing, I will certainly try it for a upcoming Church potluck."
"THIS WAS A REAL TREAT, I DID REPLACE CHEESE WITH WHIPPED CREAM, YUM. SELOGY"