Apple Raisin Coffee Cake
This coffee cake is always a hit with my family. I find it especially delicious because it's not too sweet. Of all the coffee cakes I've tried, it remains our family favorite.
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 baking apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add egg and beat well.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture
- alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Stir in the
- raisins. Spread batter in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Top
- with apples. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the apples.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until cake tests done. Serve
- warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 358 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 183 mg sodium, 64 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.