Apple Raisin Coffee Cake Recipe
This coffee cake is always a hit with my family. I find it especially delicious because it's not too sweet. Of all the coffee cakes I've tried, it remains our family favorite.
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 baking apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add egg and beat well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Stir in the raisins. Spread batter in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Top with apples. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the apples. Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until cake tests done. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Apple Raisin Coffee Cake in Reminisce March/April 1994, p53
Reviews for Apple Raisin Coffee Cake(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 27, 2011
I like to try recipes that no one has rated yet and so when I had some extra apples searched and this one came up. I think it would be better with a litte cinnamon sugar swirled throughout. Not a whole lot of flavor in the cake part.