Apple-Raisin Bundt Cake Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 3-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon each ground allspice, cloves and cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1-3/4 cups raisins
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons milk
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in jam. Combine the flour, baking soda and spices; add into creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Stir in the raisins, walnuts and apple. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over cake. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 piece: 426 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 232mg sodium, 76g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Apple-Raisin Bundt Cake
"I did everything as written except subbed out the butter for 3/8C mashed banana (which for me was about 1 banana). It didn't affect the overall taste TOO much, but we could still taste just a bit of the banana flavor. Not sure if it's because of that substitution, but this cake was THICK. It's like a thick bread, or a fruit cake. It still tastes delicious though!! Next time if I use banana again I will cut back a bit on the sugar. I believe I used a Fuji apple, and 1 medium apple was enough for the 3/4C. Also, I will cut down on the raisins and add in more apple next time. I baked mine for about 54 minutes (our oven runs a bit hot). The glaze was also perfect for this dish. I had to add just a bit more milk to get it to the right consistency. Maybe next time I'll try adding in vanilla or rum extract to the glaze. I will make this again!Update: This was so thick and so sugary we didn't wind up eating all of it. I think if I cut back on the sugar quite a bit, it will be a lot more appetizing. Probably a better dessert for winter as well, with how heavy it is. I'd still rate it 5 stars since it's delicious!"
"this cake is to die for"
"Excellent. Reminds me a bit of fruitcake ( a good one)"
"I made the bread a day early and it was perfect the day of the brunch. The left overs even tasted great 4 days later!"
"I had some extra apples that needed using and came across this recipe and gave it a try. It was wonderful--easy and tasty. My mom liked it so well she has requested it for her birthday this year."