Apple-Raisin Bundt Cake Recipe
With the first bite of this moist, old-fashioned dessert, you know you’re home for the holidays. It has a pleasant blend of spices and is loaded with nuts and raisins.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 3-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon each ground allspice, cloves and cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1-3/4 cups raisins
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons milk
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in jam. Combine the flour, baking soda and spices; add into creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Stir in the raisins, walnuts and apple. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over cake. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 426 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 232 mg sodium, 76 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Apple-Raisin Bundt Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC